Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review: Moroccan Mint - Numi

Type: Herbal
Producer: Numi
Origin: North Africa
Brewing Parameters: 1 tea bag, boiling water, for 5-6 min.
Appearance: Trapezoidal tea bag with  dark green/yellow fannings
Rating: B | 83/100
# of Brews: 1

Tasting Notes and Thoughts
Since this is a tea bag review (and I have some work to do), I'll try to keep it short.

So, I've actually never had Moroccan mint before, despite it being a very popular tisane (or so I've heard). Having brewed it though, it does seem pretty good; the liquid is a lot darker and brown than most mint-based tisanes I've had. The smell is almost all mint– it's not too strong, but it's definitely noticeable. As for the taste, it was not what I expected. The main flavor is a slightly sour taste, which moves into the mint, and ends with chocolate. The chocolate lingers in the mouth, with a bit of a cooling sensation (from the mint). Because it is a tisane, the texture is very smooth and the tea makes the throat only a little bit dry. Overall, it's a decent tea, but I don't really understand the hype. I think I've had better mint-based teas.

Other Notes
Nothing really to say here. See you guys tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment