Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 99: Kilimanjaro

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Dark brown, small CTC leaves
Color: Dark golden-orange; clear
Smell: Earthy, malty, a bit smoky
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Shoot, it's pretty late today for this review so I'm gonna rush it (11:30). Anyway, I thought this was a pretty average black tea. It's a nice in-between, without being too strong or too weak. However, it isn't too complex- the main flavor is mostly just earthy. However, by the end of a sip, it lightens up and becomes a bit malty with a very, very subtle sweetness. It doesn't linger much on the mouth after drinking, but it does make the throat a little bit dry. Overall, it would make a good breakfast tea with milk or in a blend, but there isn't very much to it. I do like how it tastes on its own, however.

Other notes:
-48 HOURS REMAIN-
Well, the recital went okay today (it still feels kinda shitty that everyone there, including elementary kids, can play more pieces, and better than you can, but I guess that's just part of learning). Other than that, though, it was mostly just work and studying for the AP bio exam. My history group got the script and visual set up (and they actually helped somewhat, but I don't really have high hopes for this presentation), and like always, my AP Bio group didn't get anything done on the writeup. So, since I did all yesterday on my own, I'm just going to turn it in with my name only and stop being such a damn pushover (especially since it's the last real lab). I also signed up for fencing classes in June, which I'm pretty hyped about. Anyway, tomorrow is the final day of the project, and I feel kind of sad since it's coming to an end. I did have a ton of fun with it though, and I think I expanded my tea tasting ability quite a bit. I'd talk more, but it's almost 12 and I don't want to post this late.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Good Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment