Monday, August 17, 2015

Quick Update (Again) - 8/17/15

Sorry for the lack of posts lately- I've been busy with family stuff since my sister got back from college. Anyway, here's a quick rundown of everything that's happened and what I have in store:

First off, what I've done.

  • Finished all summer homework in 2 binge sessions, so now all I have to worry about for school is the first week tests/socratic seminars/whatever and proofreading. 
  • A lot of family stuff like eating and biking and crap
  • Bought a ton of stuff and as a result am now broke; I bought the Protomen's Act 3 single on vinyl, quite a bit of tea (see below), a physical copy of Supernormal Step Encore (one of my first and favorite webcomics),  
  • Watched Into the Woods with the girlfriend
  • Started playing osu! (mostly just osu!mania though)

And what I plan to do in the coming weeks:
  1. Tomorrow, I'm going to go be in an audience member in a new educational show about chemistry at UC Berkeley
  2. Throughout this week & next: Jin Xuan tastings & reviews! I bought What-cha's complete catalog of Jin Xuan tea, including: Thailand Winter Frost Jin Xuan Oolong, Guangdong Jin Xuan Mao Feng Black, Fujian Anxi Jin Xuan Milk Oolong, Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong, Vietnam Jin Xuan Oolong, Thailand Jin Xuan Oolong, Taiwan Ali Shan Jin Xuan Oolong, Thailand Jin Xuan Pearl Black, Thailand Sticky Rice 'Khao Hom' Oolong, Vietnam Ta Jin Xuan Green. To stretch the tastings to a full 7 days (2 each day), I'm also going to re-review Vital Tea Leaf's Milk Oolong and Tea Aves' Rose Oolong, Magnolia Oolong, and Jin Xuan.
  3. After that, review that Red Blossom Tea Co's Pi Lo Chun and Monkey-Picked Tieguanyin, What-cha's Thailand Oriental Beauty Pearl Oolong, Indonesia Harendong Twisted 'Cengkok' Green, and Nepal First Flush Clonal Delight Black. I might also throw in some instant tea reviews and Twinings' herbal tea. 
  4. Study the shit out of everything, practice Japanese, etc.
  5. Next week, school!!!
  6. I joined Reddit's first White Elephant tea exchange, so hopefully something good comes out of that.
  7. Next month, sleep study overnight stay
  8. Soon (when I have enough money saved up), building an arcade stick. I've been reading up on it and I plan to buy the buttons, PCB, & wiring and put it all in a pizza box as practice
  9. Other school related stuff like clubs that I'll probably put into its own post
  10. Freq.Fest.Norcal in September (Crashfaster, Slime Girls, Petriform, Maxo, oh my!)

So, expect that. I'll try to start the week of Jin Xuan before summer vacation ends, but I'm trying to work out how I'm going to brew + review + all that stuff. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment