Monday, August 24, 2015

Week of Jin Xuan - Epilogue

Well, that was a pretty fun project! Learned a bit about tea tasting like my limit (10 cups of tea, ugh), drinking water in between cups to prevent the flavors from mixing, using a flavor wheel, and a ton of other stuff. Ended on the last day of summer too, which was nice.

Anyway, my favorites in this project were the Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong, Vietnam Ta Jin Xuan Green, Milk Oolong (Vital Tea Leaf), Thailand Sticky Rise Khao Hom Oolong, and Rose Oolong (Tea Ave). I'll certainly buy them again if I ever get the money, but alas- I am only a poor high school student with no job.


Hopefully I can do this sort of thing again with a different varietal of tea- maybe sencha? I'll need to get a houhin or some sort of Japanese teapot first. I really did enjoy this project though, and it was great seeing the effect area, altitude, and preparation can have on the flavor of a tea. I don't really have much more to say since I'm so tired, and I got some work to do. Thanks for joining me on this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment