Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 1: Cassis and Blueberry

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Relatively small, curled, and broken up with a few twigs
Color: Medium-dark amber
Smell: Very strong blueberry smell
Recommended with/as: Honey, Sugar, Iced
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Surprisingly, the tea tastes more like blackcurrant (cassis) more than blueberry, despite the smell. However, the tea was lacking in terms of taste. The taste was somewhat weak/bland, (but was improved with honey or sugar), but this may be because I'm not really a big fan of currants. I do admit that it eventually grew on me after the first few cups, though. I would recommend this, though, if you enjoy the fruits listed or just fruity teas in general. It was a great way to end a long bike ride!

Other notes:
I guess I've decided that there will be no pictures of the tea; I'll try to use only my words to describe it. This is a blog for me to improve my writing and tasting skills, right? (Also, I hope no one really reads these first few reviews because I know they're going to be pretty crappy- this is actually my first review ever, heh)

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Momo Oolong Super Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment