Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 2: Momo Oolong Super Grade

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Oolong
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Small, mostly rolled or broken up leaves with some flower petals
Color: Light yellow-green
Smell: Very strong peach smell
Recommended with/as: As is, iced
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
To be honest, I've tried this tea before (in loose leaf form) and I loved it. However, it looks like the leaves used in the tea bags are much lower quality and broken up, which is a bit disappointing. The flavor is great and not too strong and not too weak, and the peach taste is perfect and not artificial. I'd recommend not adding any sugar or honey to this tea, since it's already sweet enough and it would probably overpower the taste. One of my favorites in the collection (but a bit pricey).

Other notes:
Nothing really today, but I'm pretty happy that I got a 4.0 this semester after spending the past few weeks stressing out about my finals.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Honey & Pear

No comments:

Post a Comment