Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 5: Daruma

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Black CTC leaves, with fruits, peppers, and flower petals added
Color: Dark orange-red (amber?)
Smell: Fruity smell- it's a mix of different fruits, so it's hard to exactly tell. I think strawberry (?) seems to be most prevailing smell, however.
Recommended with/as: Honey, sugar, milk, iced
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
I think I really like this tea. The fruit taste isn't too strong, and the pepper adds a nice spicy kick to the tea. Since I don't have an ingredient list (and couldn't find one online), I can't really explain the combination of fruit, so all I can say is that it has a nice earthy (?) flavor which isn't too artificial. Honey complements this tea very nicely, as it adds a sweetness that mixes well with the pepper and fruits. It's also good with a tiny bit of milk. Overall, I think it's great, but like some other fruity black teas, I can see it getting old after a while.

Despite all of this, I thought that it's not really unique for Lupicia. The fruit blend is very similar to a few of their other teas, and thus the taste is too (Cache-Cache). As a result, I can only give this tea an 8.5/10 (I do recommend it if you like fruity teas, though!).

Other notes:
I may have screwed up. I kind of convinced a friend to break up with her boyfriend, since she likes one of my buddies and also talked about being unhappy in the relationship. Anyway, she finally did, and now she's a bit depressed about it for reasons that are hard to explain. Relationships suck, man.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Amanatsu Oolong

No comments:

Post a Comment