Saturday, July 1, 2017

Review: Wild Sweet Orange - Tazo

Type: Herbal/Tisane
Producer: Tazo
Origin: Unknown
Brewing Parameters: 100°C, 5 min., 8 fl oz. water (recommended)
Appearance: Paper, trapezoid shaped tea bag with a variety of small, light-green and yellow herbs (orange peel, lemongrass, herbs, and licorice root)
Rating: C | 74/100
# of Brews: 1

Tasting Notes and Thoughts
As for the story about this tea bag– and a few more Tazo brand teas– I picked it up during the California state mock trial competition. There was a rooming mishap, so we ended up stuck in the lobby for over three hours, during which I raided a few tea displays. It was free, the ones they offer at breakfast, so I grabbed one of each. It was a pretty fun weekend, overall. Not as memorable as competition civics, probably because I didn't have to put too much work in my position, but fun anyway.

One great thing I've found about herbal teas is that they tend to be very aromatic; this tea smells strongly of oranges. The liquid brewed to be a dark orange color, and interestingly, some droplets of oil formed, floating at the top. And man, did this tea catch me off guard. I followed the instructions, and when you first sip this tea, it's very flavorful. Sour, too. The orange and citrus taste is ridiculously strong; if you've ever drank lemon juice and water, that's what it reminds me of. The next strong taste is the rose hips, but most everything else was overpowered by that orange taste. It did get sweeter as I finished more of the cup, and it does leave a sweet aftertaste in the mouth, however. Overall, I think it's a decent herbal tea, but too sour for my tastes

Other Notes
Today's album is Baby Driver (Music from the Original Motion Picture). After waiting a few months to see this movie– I love Edgar Wright's work, like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz– I saw it in the theatres today and it was worth the wait. The soundtrack is amazing, too; I can't wait to pick up the soundtrack on CD sometime.

Past few days have been pretty chill. I went to the fair, as I mentioned in my last post, and we hit it off with them. They're nice people, but my unitmate isn't that interested (romantically) in the guy. They're fun to hang out with, though; we got dinner with them afterwards at a Mexican place, and today, we watched Baby Driver with them. The whole situation is kind of funny. My unitmate wanted to bail before the fair because she said she wasn't interested in him anymore; I talked her into giving him a chance; after two dates (technically), she's lost all interest because she thinks he's a boring guy. Hot, but not someone you could date because he doesn't start conversations and can only really talk about TV shows. So it goes.

One thing I've learned: a good way to make friends with people is to act like you've been friends with them for a long time– they tend to say it makes you seem chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment