Saturday, December 12, 2015

Welcome to the 12 Days of Chris-tea-mas!

Original name, yes, I know, but this was kind of a last minute thing.

Anyway, as I stated before, I'll be reviewing 12 different teas- essentially the teas I bought during Black Friday- in the days leading up to Christmas. There will be 1 review a day, starting tomorrow, and hopefully I'll finish on Christmas Eve.

As for brewing parameters, I'll be using:
-5 grams of tea
I finally got a balance/scale, so I can control that now! I still need to get a thermometer though.
-Varied temperature; depends on the tea
I'll be using boiling water from the tap, waiting for it to cool down to the recommended temperature on the packaging (I'll just be guessing the temperature, for the most part). I'll write down the actual specifics/recommendations for brewing on each review, though.
-A porcelain gaiwan
The new one from Tea Ave I bought; honestly, though, I just really want to use it. I'd use the competition tasting set, but I think I'll need a thermometer (or just use boiling water only) if I truly want to make everything equal. But, since I want to try enjoying and learning the tea, I'll be using a gaiwan.
-Varied brew time; depending on the tea, I'll most likely start from 10-15 seconds and working my way up
Since I'll be tasting a variety of teas in this (puerh, oolongs, greens, and blacks!), I can't really use the same brew times. I will include the exact times I used in the reviews, however.

And finally, here's the lineup:
Day 1. Tea Ave's Wenshan Baochong oolong
2. What-Cha's Nepal First Flush Clonal Delight black
3. What-Cha's Australia Sencha green
4. What-Cha's Nepal First Flush oolong
5. What-Cha's Four Seasons oolong
6. Tea Ave's Jasmine oolong
7. What-Cha's Vietnam 'Dragon Cloud' green
8. What-Cha's China Fujian Jasmin 'Phoenix Eye' green
9. What-Cha's India Nilgiri 'Hari Ghatta' oolong
10. Crimson Lotus Tea's 2015 Spring 'Gu Ming Xiang Bing' Yiwu-Bulang Blend sheng puerh
11. What-Cha's Ceylon Moragalla oolong
12. What-Cha's Azores Pekoe black

I promise I'll try to make this work, but I apologize if I miss a review. I have school this upcoming week, and some tests, so studying or extracurriculars may eat into tea time. Thanks for reading, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment