Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 10: Grapefruit

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Small, curled black leaves with bits of dried grapefruit
Color: Amber/dark orange-brown
Smell: Sweet; the grapefruit smell is there, but not that noticeable.
Recommended with/as: Honey, milk, as is
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Personally, I don't really like grapefruit (the actual fruit). But this tea wasn't that bad. It certainly smells very fruity; the aroma is sweet and not too overwhelming, and I wouldn't be able to match it to the fruit if I tried. The grapefruit taste is there, but it's sweet with a slight bitterness- rather than being super sour. The citrus taste is also very light, which rounds out this tea nicely. I prefer it with honey rather than as is, but it certainly is good on its own.

Other notes:
Nothing really. The reviews lately have been a bit short, since schoolwork has picked up and I end up doing this at 10:00 PM- a time that's not really ideal for tea tasting, but I guess it works. I am set in doing this for 100 days non-stop, so even if I have to wait until 1 AM to do this, I will get a review done.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Muscat

No comments:

Post a Comment