Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 23: Apricot

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, curled black leaves with yellow flower petals mixed in
Color: Dark orange/amber
Smell: Sweet and lively; it is surprisingly close to the actual smell of the fruit
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, honey, sugar
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Unlike a few of Lupicia's teas, this tea actually really tastes like what its supposed to be. The apricot flavor is strong, and has an added kick with a little bit of spice. The tea base adds a bit of earthiness and astringency and is more noticeable for this tea, but it complements the apricot flavor nicely. Overall, it's a nice, mostly mellow tea and one of my favorite fruit teas so far (which is surprising, since I wasn't expecting much out of this tea at all). The apricot flavor is really good, and it makes me want to actually eat one sometime.

Other notes:
Surprisingly, I actually got a bunch done today (it helps that there's no school too). Woke up, got all of my homework done, downloaded a bunch of music off of my old iPod (it had a surprising amount of songs that I thought I had lost forever), went to piano class, and then baked banana bread and banoffee pie. I'm pretty happy about that, and I'm also super hyped about tomorrow since: I get to start a video project of the science fair stuff (for a scholarship thing), reset the experiment (aquariums broke, so we're switching them with jars), and eat the food I made (and make curry rice in japanese class!).

On another note, god damn the Welcome to the NHK soundtrack is great. I don't really like the metal/heavy rock tracks, but the other tracks make great music for chilling.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sakurambo Vert

No comments:

Post a Comment