Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 35: Earl Grey

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Black/dark brown leaves of medium size with a few twigs
Color: Amber (dark orange-brown)
Smell: Earl grey- strong smoky, orange/bergamot smell
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, honey, sugar, iced
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Personally, I'm so and so on this tea. It's a good Earl Grey, but its' Keemun base adds a bit of smokiness and earthiness that I don't really like. The citrus/bergamot flavor is amazing, however, and actually balances well with the keemun flavor (some of the other Earl Greys I've tried have a very, very strong citrus taste that isn't as pleasing as this). Overall, it's a good, smooth tea, and I wouldn't mind drinking it every day (and I already did for a time!). I think I might need to drink more loose leaf Earl Grey from different brands first to see how this stands up though, since I've only had tea bags given to me by other people.

Other notes:
With the advice of my friend, I changed the formatting of the blog a bit (just font and colors so it isn't too terrible on the eyes- I still haven't found the time or motivation to learn HTML yet).

As for yesterday's activities, I'm both happy and kind of disappointed at the same time. I got most of my work done, biked a couple of miles, and had the Earth Day scholarship submitted. Filming for the Japanese commercial couldn't happen because the person who is in charge of getting us all together slept in until 1 PM and didn't contact us until super late, and when he did, he told me to text him when to meet (which kind of pissed me off a bit, but it's all good since I got a bunch of work done).

I also watched Ikiru/To Live (1952) by Akira Kurosawa, and I think its now one of my favorite movies. If you don't know, it's a movie about a middle-aged Japanese City Hall worker who's diagnosed with terminal cancer. It follows his quest to end with a meaningful life, after he realizes that he's wasted his whole life working in his office. The message of the movie is great along with the way the scenes were shot, and I really liked the plot & premise. One of my main gripes with it though is that the pacing is really slow and I didn't really agree with how the third act was presented, but overall I'd suggest that you should watch it if you have 2.5 hours to spare.

I have nothing about today, since this is another morning post (other than I feel like my reviews are a bit shorter lately, which I need to fix- I just can't find ways to describe teas anymore without feeling like I'm repeating myself a whole bunch. I've started reading up on more reviews & ways to describe tea to fix this, however). Also, holy crap I forgot to mention that I'm now a 3rd of the way through! Woooo!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Tea Break

No comments:

Post a Comment