Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 8: Jasmin Mandarin

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Rolled, mostly brownish leaves
Color: Golden yellow
Smell: Floral (mainly jasmine)
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Despite its name, this tea does not actually taste like mandarins. In fact, it only tastes like jasmine. However, do not despair! I thought that this tea was actually pretty good, for what it is (a standard jasmine tea). It's mellow, the taste isn't too overbearing, and it has a nice floral flavor. The green tea flavor is light, and the jasmine complements it nicely. Despite this, I thought that the tea doesn't really have much going for it, other than what I've said above. You could probably get a comparable tea for much less than what it's sold for at Lupicia ($5.50 for 50g of loose leaf), so I'd recommend against buying it. It's good, though!

Other notes:
Nothing really. I made some cans of Dulce de Leche (note to self: boil on high, rather than medium for 4 hours), and had some really good Sencha (Tanegashima asamushi from O-cha) too. After I'm done with this project, I'll probably get to reviewing that. Also, NEW EPISODE OF ALDNOAH ZERO WOO

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Houjicha "Shigaraki"

No comments:

Post a Comment