Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 22: Matcha Kirara Rice Tea

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Green (Genmaicha blend)
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute 30 seconds, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Green tea leaves that look like blades of grass with somewhat large roasted pieces of rice, all covered in matcha
Color: Bright, light green
Smell: Strong smell of roasted rice with a bit of sweetness
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Despite my taste and smell not being what it used to, I still liked this tea relatively well. The roasted and nutty taste of the rice is very strong, and the green tea/matcha base is nice with little astringency. It's sweet with little bitterness, but I found that its a little hard to taste the green tea (genmaicha) in it, since the rice overpowers it. Overall, I really like it (especially since the loose leaf is super cheap- I might pick up a pack some time).

Other notes:
Nothing really happened again today other than 1. I interviewed my grandfather for a project, 2. got stuck waiting to film, which never happened because people, and 3. went biking. For some reason, I can breathe through my nose fine (for the most part), but I can't smell very well at all. Hopefully, this'll change soon since it's already been a week of me guessing or spending a super long time smelling a single cup of tea.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Apricot

No comments:

Post a Comment