Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 12: Strawberry and Vanilla

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Green tea leaves (broken up? They're not really rolled), rose petals, and some other fibrous bits of a flower or fruit
Color: Light yellow-green
Smell: Floral, with a strong artificial (candy?) strawberry smell. The vanilla is also slightly noticeable.
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, milk (?)
Rating: 7/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
The artificial smell is strong with this tea. The taste, too. Even though it smells like candy strawberries, the taste is closer to vanilla with an essence of strawberry (which is light, but I would prefer a bolder strawberry flavor rather than just vanilla). I would say it tastes like a candy or drink I've had before, but the taste is just so odd that I can't seem to figure it out. I thought the the tea base was nice with the added matcha- its very light with little astringency. The rose petals were a nice touch too (for the tea's taste and color).

The tea is recommended with milk in the Book of Tea pamphlet, but I don't really know how that would go nor would I recommend it, since it's a green tea. If I could try it, I would, but I've been out of milk for the past week. It's fine on its own without any sweetener since it's already sweet. Anyway, I ended up feeling a bit sick after drinking my 3 cups for this tea, since the tea just tastes too vanilla-y and artificial. It also gives off a (in my opinion) bad aftertaste. It would make a good latte, though!

Other notes:
I should really stop eating crap so often. My diet lately has been consisting of white bread and random snacks since I'm sort of broke and don't have enough time to cook a decent meal. Seriously, everything has taken up so much of my time that I've been eating dinner and doing this past 10 PM. I really want to change, but I don't have the space in my budget to get decent food. We'll see.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Houjicha "Oni no Baisen"

No comments:

Post a Comment