Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 20: Darjeeling the Autumnal

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, curled, broken up blackish brown leaves with flower buds and twigs
Color: Golden orange
Smell: From what I can smell, it seems to have an earthy smell
Recommended with/as: As is, sugar
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
This darjeeling is somewhere in the middle between a black and a green tea. It's not too strong (if you view it as a black tea), with some astringency. The taste has a tiny bit of spice, which is rounded out by sweet, fruity tones. Overall, I like it well enough, but I think I'll need to try different darjeelings (I think I have first flush and second flush in the book) before I give this one a proper score.

Other notes:
Woo, my smell is sort of coming back! I'm only coughing and my nose alternates between runny and stuffy, but I feel like I'm getting better every day. Valentines Day is tomorrow, and I have nothing to do (didn't ask out that girl yet because sick and I think most of my friends are busy), so I think I'm just going to do work and get some filming done for a Japanese commercial. I might make also some sweets tomorrow too since I found a good recipe for Baked Alaska and I had a random craving for some banana bread. We'll see.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Alphonso Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment