Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 31: Uva Highlands BOP

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute 30 seconds, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very small, broken up dark brown leaves; it's slightly larger than fannings (BOP)
Color: Dark, golden orange
Smell: It's very earthy, and a bit roasted/smoky
Recommended with/as: As is. milk, honey, sugar
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
On its own, it's a bit astringent and bitter. It has a strong earthy taste, with a light mint taste (if you've eaten a mint leaf, it tastes like that- a tiny bit tart, a little bit bitter, and, well, minty). It's decent enough, but it doesn't really have anything that 'pops' out at me. It would make a good morning tea, but I'd personally prefer an assam or even Earl Grey instead.

With milk and honey, it's a bit better. It gets rid of the astringency and mellows out the tea. The mint taste is still there and noticeable, but is less tart and more minty. Overall, I prefer it with milk and think it's a good enough tea, but it's just not my cup.

Other notes:
Nothing really, other than I got a bunch of work I've been procrastinating on done, and actually tried practicing piano (my goal is to increase my practice time by 5 minutes each day, and I started with 15 today). Also, I'm sort of an idiot because I just realized, a week or so later, that the data I have for my science fair project follows exponential decay rather than a line.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Silonibari BPS (CTC)

No comments:

Post a Comment