Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 9: Houjicha "Shigaraki"

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Green (Houjicha)
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Dark brown leaves of various sizes with a few twigs
Color: Medium golden brown
Smell: Strong roasted smell (for some reason, the smell of houjicha always reminds me of rice)
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
This is a very strong tea (stronger than most houjicha I've had, really). If I could compare it to anything, I'd compare it to coffee. The roasted taste is nice and rich, without being too bitter. There's a slight sour/tangy aftertaste, which I enjoyed. The smell is great too! There isn't really much I can think of to describe or say about this tea, other than I recommend it if you like stronger, unflavored teas.

Other notes: Man, first kitty0706 and now Monty Oum. Something tells me this is going to be a crappy month (rest in peace, you guys).


Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment