Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 24: Sakurambo Vert

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, rolled (blade-like) dark green leaves with bright red peppercorns and long, yellow pines
Color: Light yellow-green
Smell: Grassy and like cherries (it smells especially like cherry pits, rather than the fruit as a whole for some reason); its very refreshing and the aroma has a bit of bite to it
Recommended with/as: As is, iced (cold brew would be amazing for this tea), honey, sugar
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
If I had to pick between this tea and Sakurambo (the black tea version), I would pick this tea hands down. The cherry flavor is much more noticeable and combines well with the subtle notes of the green tea much more than the black; as a result, it creates a very refreshing and fresh cherry tea. The tea base gives off light brothy and vegetal notes and has little astringency, making the tea very smooth. The aftertaste too is nice- it ends on a nice sour note, and stays in your mouth long after tasting. I really like it, but for some reason, I feel like I couldn't drink it every day (flavored greens just don't add up to a good shincha anymore).

Other notes:
I think I might start the retasting of last weeks teas (I have vanilla, sakurambo, and darjeeling the autumnal) tomorrow, since I have spares of the tea bags. I'll just post it underneath, probably in this section and make it quick and concise. Otherwise, I'll just put them in on random days when I have the time (probably the weekend).

Anyways, it went pretty good today. We got almost everything set up today for the experiment (just need to fix some more wiring for a control group and add the algae), made some awesome curry rice which almost failed because of no stove, my friend really liked the banoffee pie and banana bread, and I got some of the commercial filmed for Japanese. All in all, a pretty good day.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sencha 'Uji'

No comments:

Post a Comment