Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 29: Tsugaru Green

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Broken up, light(er) green tea leaves with bits of dried apple
Color: Bright yellow-green
Smell: Fruity/strong green apple aroma with hints of grassiness
Recommended with/as: As is, iced
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
To be honest, I've already tried this tea, and it's one of my favorites (probably because apples are one of my favorite fruits). The tea leaves are admittedly of low quality, but I haven't found any other apple green tea that tastes this close to real apples yet.

As for the taste, it's very light and sweet. The apple taste isn't too strong, but rather stays subdued underneath a mild grassiness. However, it does leave a taste exactly like fresh, green apples. The aftertaste, on the other hand, is a bit astringent and tart. I'd suggest cold brewing it to get rid of this problem (it would probably taste much better cold, anyway). Overall, it's a good tea and I like it because of its apple taste, but I'd much rather prefer a different tea if  I could find it.

Other notes:
I feel pretty good. Got a nice nap today, had this tea, and went to the Japanese market. There, I got some pretty good katsudon, croquettes, sushi, melon bread, spaghetti-pan (? I don't know what to call it), and yakisoba-pan for cheap. Other than that, though, I didn't really do much other than spend a couple hours writing an essay on FDR (which sucked, especially since it was 7 paragraphs and we have no format to go off of).

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment