Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 13: Houjicha "Oni no Baisen"

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Green (Houjicha)
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute, boiling water
Leaf Appearance: Light and dark brown leaves; they're small and broken up
Color: A nice golden orange
Smell: A roasted, burnt aroma. A little bit nutty, too.
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
This tea tasted more like a hybrid between houjicha and a sencha. It had the roasted taste and smell of  houjicha with the grassy notes of a sencha. It had a bit of astringency (could probably be fixed with an even shorter brew time), but overall was very mellow. Compared to the previous houjichas I've had, this one isn't as strong or harsh- it certainly tasted toasty, but not too overwhelming. Overall, it's one of my favorite houjichas so far.

Other notes:
Ugh, I've been trying to get close to a girl and man it's hard. It's working when I act like myself in person, but man, I feel like anything I say could screw it up. I'll give updates if anything happens.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sencha "Ukiyo Ippun Gorin"

No comments:

Post a Comment