Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 30: Strawberry

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Medium-small, very dark black tea leaves. There appears to be nothing added; I can only see the leaves.
Color: Dark amber
Smell: Fruity and sweet; it smells exactly like strawberry candies (namely hi-chew)
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, milk, honey, sugar
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
I love the smell of this tea. Usually, if it smells artificial (and this certainly does), I usually don't like it, but this tea is an exception. The strawberry smell is not a sickening artificial smell and is very sweet and light, similar to many Japanese (or at least, Asian) fruit candies. It's unmistakably strawberry, but not a realistic smell (which isn't bad at all!).

The taste was also very pleasant, too. The tea is very light, with little astringency, and has a lot of sweetness. When I first drank it, it was a slight bit tart, but it quickly changed into a nice mellow flavor with strong strawberry aftertaste. It does taste a lot like how it smells- like a very sweet candy. I'd suggest this tea sweetened and with milk, since I found that it brings out the flavor very well. Overall, I really like it (and if you haven't noticed yet, I'm a pretty big fan of strawberry flavored stuff), and in my opinion, it's way better than the first strawberry tea I had from Lupicia (Strawberry & Vanilla).

Other notes:
Today, I was putting together a resume for the Earth day scholarship thing, and I realized that I have absolutely no extracurriculars so far. I have great grades/GPA and academic stuff, but really the only things I have for extracurriculars are: I was a tutor for my middle school for a year, and I'm part of the fencing and aviation clubs. Hopefully I can fix this by next year, since I want to try and get internships or volunteer jobs over the summer and open a tea club (I tried this year but I got rejected for bs reasons, so I'm making a strong counterargument right now) and host fencing club once school starts. I'll give updates on how all of that goes.

Other than that, nothing much other than that English essay taking up a bunch of my time and me screwing up (like I usually do) at piano class. Starting tomorrow, I think I'll try to begin a semi-strict practice schedule since recitals are coming up and I don't feel ready at all. I'll also post updates on that, so I have at least some motivation.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Uva Highlands BOP

No comments:

Post a Comment