Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 15: Sencha "Nara"

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute 30 seconds, 85 to 95 degrees C
Leaf Appearance: Long, rolled green leaves with some fannings
Color: Light yellow-green
Smell: Fishy/seaweed smell with grass
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Compared to yesterday's tea, this doesn't have that much of a roasted taste, if any at all. Rather, it's more sweet with a bit of sourness. It finishes off with a light grassy taste. Not too strong and not too weak- it's a very mellow tea. It's good, but compared to yesterday, it doesn't have that much of a complex flavor.

Other notes:
I feel like random.org (the number generator I've been using to pick each day's teas) has been picking a lot of high numbers, so I've been drinking only greens and flavored blacks. I think if this doesn't change soon, I might have to adjust the way I pick each day's teas. Also, for the Tea Reviews section, I'm torn on if I should keep houjichas and greens separate; they're both technically green teas, but I feel like houjichas are different enough that they should be in a different category. By that logic, should I keep rooibos and herbal teas different? I don't know! Decisions!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment