Monday, March 2, 2015

Day 37: Momo

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small black leaves with pale green leaves added (peach leaves, apparently); there are also a few twigs
Color: Clear, amber
Smell: Sweet and floral, with a tiny bit of grass and fruitiness (the peach smell is very pleasing and gives the tea its sweet smell)
Recommended with/as: As is, sugar, milk, honey, iced
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
To be honest, I think this tea doesn't compare to Lupicia's other peach teas. Like their other teas, the peach is very realistic, but I think the black tea flavor overpowers it, or at the very least, weakens it. It starts off somewhat sweet with earthy and malty undertones, and finishes with a slight tanginess. There's also a bit of a floral taste that I really like (probably from the peach). However, it seems that the taste is around 60% malty black tea and 40% peach, affecting the overall taste since the tea base is just very generic.

Adding milk made it a bit worse, since it made the flavors even lighter- I could only really taste the earthiness of the black tea. If I had to compare Lupicia's peach teas to each other, I would say that their oolong is the best, followed by their green, and then the black. It's a good tea, but I didn't really like how the peach tasted with black tea (I prefer a more flavorful base for these kind of teas, or at least one that pairs well with the peach). If you prefer a milder fruit tea, I'd suggest this to you, but personally, I'd like Lupicia's peach teas to have a stronger flavor.

Other notes:
Well, I got one of my recital pieces changed from the Howl's Moving Castle theme to Schroeder's Failure. To be honest, I don't practice enough to learn all of the chords and get the muscle memory to play at the right speed. Other than that, nothing much other than a surprisingly easy math test and science fair stuff. The science fair report is due end of next week, so I gotta start working on that (and of course, my lab partners won't help with the writing). Also, I have a gaiwan set that should come in the mail tomorrow, so if I can (depends on the leaf), I'll try to use that to review greens/oolongs.

Just so I remember and have some motivation to do it, here is my plan:
This week: finish questions being addressed, list of variables, hypotheses, background research, materials lists, procedure, acknowledgments, bibliography
Next week: data analysis, conclusions, ideas for future research, abstract
Week after that: build the project board, put everything together, make a pitch, then the science fair (woo)!

I'll try to give updates on my progress for that.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Taiwan Oolong-Dongding

No comments:

Post a Comment