Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 44: Paradise Green

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Medium-small dark green leaves with colorful flower petals added (red, pink, yellow, purple) and dried fruit
Color: Bright yellow-green; clear
Smell: Fruity, sweet, and floral; there's a large mix of fruits here, so I'll just say it smells very tropical
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, honey
Rating: 7/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
I'd suggest this tea iced, rather than hot. Hot, it has a bit of a citrus and fruit flavor, but is actually a bit sweet. There's a bit of astringency that doesn't make the tea bitter, but gives it a dry mouthfeel. However, its taste is not that strong (and I feel like brewing it longer would make it bitter, so use more leaf) and more light. I've had this tea before and I think it's decent, but now that I've tried more teas this isn't that good anymore.

Other notes:
Short review today, since I have an AP Bio test, science fair (finished experimenting, spent today compiling all of the data) stuff, and a speech to prepare for in English. Also, it's 11:30 and I have priorities over this.

Anyway, nothing much happening other than the stuff above, but it looks like I'm kind of screwed for the speech since the first group that went was really good (they did a skit). My partner doesn't want to do anything else other than a regular speech, so I have to hope that our presentation is good enough.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Blueberry

No comments:

Post a Comment