Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 66: Caramel & Rum

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Herbal
Brew Time & Temperature: 4 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very small, dark orange-red pieces of rooibos (they look like small needles and wood chips)
Color: Bright orange; clear
Smell: The sweet smell of the caramel is certainly the most dominant (making it hard to notice other smells)
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, this tea was pretty enjoyable. The taste was more balanced than the smell (which is only caramel); in fact, I think the rum was stronger than the caramel. Surprisingly, it wasn't very sweet (as in, straight sugar), but rather, it had a little bit of bitterness and tart. However, it still tastes a lot like a nice, creamy caramel with a strong butterscotch flavor. As for the medicinal taste of rooibos, it was still there but not that noticeable. Overall, it's a nice herbal tea (good before bed), but it mostly just tastes like all of Lupicia's caramel flavored teas (I'd suggest English Caramel over this, actually).

It's much better with sweetener (I used honey), but I wouldn't suggest it with milk (the taste kind of gets melded together, and it's not that pleasant). The honey did bring out the caramel flavor, though.

Other notes:
Today, I got the wood cut for the project. My plan now (for the rest of spring break) is:
Next 2 days- make the map + cut out the tracks
Day 3+- buy + build the stuff for movement
By end of break (Monday) - build the box and set the map inside the box
Until it's due, I'll just be working on the writing and when the tanks come I'll finish building it.

Other than that, I just played the video games with one of my friends (first time in a while, and it was pretty fun). Can't wait for tomorrow's tea, though!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment