Monday, March 23, 2015

Day 58: Honeybush

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Herbal
Brew Time & Temperature: 4 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, dark red and orange rooibos leaves; they look like small woodchips
Color: Golden red-orange; when it was pouring, it was actually pink and clear
Smell: Sort of like menthol/cough syrup with some berries; there's also a tiny bit of honey (listed in the description), but it's not very strong
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
I actually really enjoy this rooibos. I'm used to unflavored rooibos having the cough syrup/medicinal taste (that I mentioned in previous reviews), but this one isn't that bad. It still does have that taste, but its pretty light in relation to the other flavors. Surprisingly, this has a bit of a brothy taste, with some fruit notes that a tangy aftertaste. It's smooth (as expected of an herbal tea) and ends (like stated in the description,) cleanly. It's one of the most complex rooibos I've tasted so far, and I ended up finishing the whole pot, which I don't do that often.

Other notes:
Gonna skip on writing a long notes section today since I have a math test tomorrow. AP bio test was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be, though! (Oh, and also, a friend forced me to take the Myers-Briggs personality test and apparently I'm a ISTJ inspector instead of a INTJ mastermind now, so there's that).

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Chai Bag Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment