Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 64: Afternoon Tea

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up curled black leaves with pieces of drab, olive green leaves scattered throughout
Color: Golden orange; clear
Smell: Earthy and a tiny bit malty; I'd say the smell of the darjeeling is more prevalent than the assam, but they're rounded out by each other.
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Yet another short post, since I'm going to SoCal right now and I'm sure I won't get home until past midnight. Anyway, I think the tea's okay. The darjeeling is much stronger than the assam, creating a sort of an earthy, fruity taste. The assam's taste doesn't come in until the aftertaste, where you can notice the malty, creaminess of the tea. It's rather sweet on its own, but it wouldn't hurt to add, say, sugar or honey. There's no astringency or bitterness and the tea is quite smooth (it has a certain texture). It's a good every day tea, but since I'm not such a fan of darjeeling (I like assam more, and since this tastes mostly like the darjeeling), I wouldn't buy it.

Other notes:
Nothing really today (morning post). I did take another melatonin pill last night, and I slept really well (tip: use an alarm clock, since I ended up sleeping in yesterday and felt groggy as hell. I do feel great today, though). I did try most of the teas I bought, and man, they're actually really good. 37 more days, and I'll get to reviewing those. See you guys tomorrow!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Golden Osmanthus

No comments:

Post a Comment