Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 52: Decaf Momo

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up brown leaves with pieces of white/drab green leaves
Color: Golden orange; clear
Smell: Like a sweet peach- still sick, so that's all I got
Recommended with/as: As is, cold brewed, sweetener
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Oh, how I wish I had this tea yesterday, especially since I actually need the caffeine to stay up today. So because of that and because I'm super tired right now, this review isn't gonna be that in depth.

So, the tea certainly does taste like peaches. It's very similar to the caffeinated version (Momo, probably looking at the review would be better than this one), but with a different texture. While it isn't as strong, it does still have the sweet (and somewhat realistic?) taste of peach. For some reason, it leaves my tongue feeling a bit fuzzy and my throat dry, but isn't bitter. If you liked Momo and need a decent night tea, go for this one. Personally, I don't really like the texture, but if you cold brewed it, I think it'd be great.

Other notes:
Man, I am super sick of being sick (heh). Like, every time I get sick, it slowly gets better over time, but then I end up having symptoms for a real long time afterwards (like now- I don't feel as shitty as I did on Friday, but I still am coughing a bit and can't smell that well). Here's a life tip: never get sick.

Anyway, today I edited and finalized the lab report, so now all we have to do is prepare for the interview and put together the board. Exit exam went fine, school is okay, and the stuff came in the mail. My sister said she's coming home tomorrow now, so I guess I have that to still look forward to. That, and an English project that's due on Thursday that I haven't started. Woooooo.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Matcha Black Soybean Rice Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment