Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 62: Tokio

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Green
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up dark green leaves with long, rolled yellow flower petals
Color: Light golden yellow; clear
Smell: Sweet, floral, and fruity (like very sweet strawberries); however, the smell isn't that strong
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Today's review is going to be a bit short since I only have 2 cups worth of tea (family wanted some), and I'm going to bed early. The first thing I thought when I drank this is that it's already way better than yesterday's; while the berry flavor is a bit more subtle, it actually tastes realistic and blends well with the green tea. It's still sweet, but there is a tiny bit of a sour taste reminiscent of somewhat ripe (it's not super sweet yet) berries. There's little to no astringency, and it goes down smooth. After drinking, the berry taste lingers in your mouth, which isn't bad- it's actually very pleasant. Overall, it's a good tea (and I would drink it if someone gave it to me), but I think there's better fruity/berry teas out there.

Other notes:
Wooooo, spring break! Before I forget, here's my checklist for next week:
1. History: build that moving WW2 model of Kursk
2. AP Bio: finish a dissection write up, begin studying for the final
3. English: read TKAM and finish all of those screenplays I started reading
4. Extracurriculars: get a resume written, start research (electricity, bioreactors, etc.), practice for a piano recital
5. Others: RELAX WOO

Also, I'm going to begin taking melatonin pills (3 mg, maybe once every 3 days) to try and adjust my sleep schedule from 1 am - 6 am to 10/11 pm - ???. I have a feeling this will either end up super well or I will have super scary lucid dreams (because I'm starting off with a relatively high dosage). Let's see how this goes!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Keemun Queen's Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment