Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 65: Golden Osmanthus

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Oolong
Brew Time & Temperature: Brewing gongfu style (gaiwan) today, since it's unflavored oolong and there's actually a decent amount
Leaf Appearance: Dark and light green/brown rolled oolong
Color: Light orange-yellow; clear
Smell: Roasted, a little rice-like
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, there were actually much more leaves in this tea bag than I was expecting (I used my smaller/4 oz gaiwan, and I realized that there were too many leaves by the time I started brewing). Anyway, it still turned out pretty well. It certainly tasted how it smelled- roasted, with a little bit of rice (like genmaicha). There was a bit of nuttiness and some floral notes, which gave the tea a bit of sourness in the aftertaste. It was very smooth with little to no astringency. Overall, it's a very light tasting oolong (apparently it's a darker oolong, according to some other reviewers), with a similar flavor profile to some green teas. Certainly one of the better oolongs I've had in this project.

Other notes:
Well, I barely got anything done today (mostly just stayed inside and such). I did finish reading To Kill a Mockingbird, watched the finale of Aldnoah.Zero S2 (it was okay, kinda rushed though), and got my math homework done. I also bought the stuff to make the box/crate for my history project- the moving tank one- so I'll start that tomorrow.

Oh, also, I sort of asked my friend out to lunch? I kind of mentioned that it was sort of because of the science fair stuff, and I instantly regretted it. It went okay, I guess, but shit, I should've thought it through more than I did.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Caramel and Rum

No comments:

Post a Comment