Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 49: Mountain Grape Oolong

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Oolong
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, dark green rolled oolong leaves; a lot of them are broken up, and there are rose petals (?) added
Color: Light yellow; clear
Smell: Still sick, so I can't really tell
Recommended with/as: As is, iced
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Alright, so I'm feeling sort of better now, BUT something tastes wrong with the tea. I'm pretty sure it's not the actual tea leaves because I've tried this tea before and as of yet, I've had no fruit tea that tastes this bad. I'm guessing its either my sick or the water (my boiler is full of calcium and falling apart, and I've been using tap water), but I can't know for sure until I'm done being sick. Overall, it just tastes not very pleasant (like that taste in your mouth when you wake up after not brushing!).

As for what I could taste, I only noticed a very light sour note (which was probably the grapes). There was little astringency with a bit of a chewy (?) texture, but that was mostly it. I'll just rate it what I thought the last time I had it, which was a couple months ago. If I remember correctly, it's a decent flavored oolong, but not Lupicia's best.

Other notes:
Today, I mostly just worked on science fair stuff. I bought a project board, construction paper, glue (all that jazz), and medicine. The abstract of the project was due today and I ended up having to wait half of the day for my lab partners to edit it (I turned it in just before writing this). Other than that though, there wasn't much. My throat and nose aren't as bad as yesterday, and I did more homework, but that's it. I'm going to start a project for history soon (gonna build a model of the Battle of Kursk!), and since that's going to take a lot of woodwork and planning, I'll give updates on it. Hopefully tomorrow's tea doesn't taste as bad.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: La Belle Epoque

No comments:

Post a Comment