Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 45: Blueberry

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up black leaves with a small amount of drab green leaves added
Color: Dark, reddish brown/orange; it's clear
Smell: Sweet blueberry smell (very realistic) with some floral notes
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, sweetener
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, this doesn't taste as sweet as it smells. The blueberry taste is definitely there and stays in your mouth long after drinking; while it isn't as sweet as real blueberries, it still tastes very realistic. It's very mellow (no astringency) with a bit of an earthy taste, and the flavor doesn't really have any kick to it. However, it goes down very smooth. There's also a little bit of a tart taste, but it's not that noticeable.

It might have just been the amount of tea/water I used, but I feel like this tea is very, very weak (and adding milk would lose all of the flavor). Overall, it's decent (if you like blueberry, go for it), but there just isn't enough flavor for me to enjoy.

Other notes:
Oh man I am stressing out. I have a speech on FDR tomorrow and a history test- the test I'm not so worried about, but I don't think I'm ready for the speech. Not gonna write much about that since I'm going to practice and study all night, but hopefully it goes well!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Kikeriki!

No comments:

Post a Comment