Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 39: Jardin Sauvage

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Herbal (Rooibos)
Brew Time & Temperature: 4 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very colorful; red, green, and yellow rooibos with yellow and lavender flower petals and dried fruit
Color: Golden yellow (or light orange); clear
Smell: Mix of fruits (mango being the most noticeable), but it doesn't smell super sweet, as you would expect
Recommended with/as: As is, honey, iced, sugar
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
I think this is one of the best rooibos I've had so far! It has a great color and smell- it looks pleasing, and the fruit smell is very realistic. As expected of rooibos, it has little astringency or bitterness, but unlike most rooibos, it doesn't have that cough syrup or medicine taste or smell. It's mellow, and the fruit flavor adds a bit of natural sweetness to the tea. The rooibos adds a bit of complex flavor that mixes well with the tropical flavor.

Didn't add anything to the tea today, since I'm too lazy to set up usual tea set stuff (see below for why), but I think it'll be good with any sweetener, or on its own- I would probably prefer it alone, actually. Really, the only gripe I have with it is that it's a bit light. It's fine as it is, but a stronger fruit flavor wouldn't hurt. Considering that it's rooibos and has no caffeine, I wouldn't mind making this a regular night tea.

Other notes:
I am super tired today, so I'm going to keep this short. Was up until 3 AM putting together that Japanese commercial (pretty much all of my editing stuff fell apart, so I had to install new ones), and I'm probably going to have to stay up late today doing AP Bio, science fair, and English speech/essay stuff. Woooooo.

On another note, surprisingly the math test I took was super easy, and I'm really confident about the one tomorrow (if I could finish the test half asleep and check all of my answers, I should be good). So, let's see how that goes considering that I'm not going to get much studying done because of homework from other classes.


Next on the 100 Days of Tea: La Vie en Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment