Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 54: Hapjan Purbat BOP (CTC)

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, dark brown CTC leaves; I guess they sort of look like fish food pellets
Color: Dark red/orange; it's clear, but it's so dark that it's hard to see through it
Smell: Typical of most Indian black teas- earthy, with a bit of spice
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, this is a pretty good CTC tea. With nothing added, there's a strong fruit flavor (which was mentioned in the description), which makes it a bit sweet and tart. It's somewhat like grapes or plums. It pairs well with the earthy, malty taste of the tea, and makes the tea somewhat complex, at least for a CTC. There's not much astringency and it's pretty smooth, but it does have a bit of denseness that leaves a texture in the mouth. It's great with milk and honey, and the strength of the tea makes it good for breakfast. I like it, but I'd say that it's a bit similar to most CTCs (it's one of the better ones I've had, though!).

Other notes:
Well, I've been working on the board today (it's in progress at the time of this post), did homework, set up the plan for the science fair, and practiced the interview questions.

There was one really interesting thing I did today, to say the least. In Japanese class, my friend and I laid out the whole plot for an anime featuring people from our class and us, and needless to say it's super ridiculous. I'm not going to write it out (but I might in the future. It might make a good prompt, heh), but if I could describe it in a few words: harem anime in which a group of government contracted mercenaries stop an organized band of rapists. It's great.

Also, I'm still sort of sick.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Assam Calcutta Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment