Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day 56: Bravissimo!

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Blend (Black/Green)
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Medium small, dark green tea leaves with long, yellow or purple flower petals added; however, I don't see any of the black tea leaves listed in the description
Color: Bright yellow; clear
Smell: Fruity and sweet, like tropical fruits
Recommended with/as: As is, sweetener
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Holy crap, I can actually really taste this tea! Not like before, where the taste was kind of meh, but now this is actually pretty flavorful.

Mainly, it tastes very floral, with a bit of a tart taste (probably roses). While it does taste a lot like flowers, the green tea is still noticeable. It has a bit of a grassy taste that complements the flower taste well, but is mostly dwarfed by the flower taste. There are some fruit flavors that mostly make up the aftertaste, which is somewhat similar to apples. It's not astringent, but leaves the mouth/throat a little bit dry after drinking. Overall, its a nice, light tea, but I wouldn't drink it every day. Mainly, I'm just happy that my taste is actually coming back.

Other notes:
Well, for the first time, I think I missed a day (this is publishing past midnight today, I fell asleep during the review and woke up at exactly midnight). But that's okay! The science fair was super tiring and interesting, since we got called back for round 2 and had to talk to judges for 4-6 hours about the project. I'll give more updates tomorrow since I'm going back to sleep, but uh, pretty much: 1. the group of judges from the physics category told us that everything we believed about electricity is wrong, and 2. chevron talked to us, so we're hoping something will come from that. Awards is tomorrow, so let's see what comes from that.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Milk Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment