Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 59: Chai Bag Cinnamon

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: Made a latte this time (since my sister wanted one), so I did this:
1. Boiled water + milk (no actual measurements, sorry)
2. Added leaves
3. Brewed for about 7-10 minutes
4. Strained into a tea pot
5. Added sweetener (honey or dulce de leche)
6. Served it out
Leaf Appearance: Dark brown, very small CTC black tea with various spices added
Color: Light caramel brown; milky (so it's not clear, duh)
Smell: A bit earthy, definitely milky, with the spices and cinnamon being the most dominant smell
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Oh man, I think this is my favorite chai blend out of all of the ones in the box. The cinnamon is smooth, blends well with the spice of chai, and is amazing with milk. The tea base is strong and the spices add a nice kick to the tea, but it has a bit of a natural sweetness that makes it very pleasing. It's balanced very well- other reviewers say the cinnamon is too strong, but for me, it was relatively equal with the other tastes. This might be because I used a tea bag to brew a full litre, but I don't think it should change that much with more leaf. Overall, it's one of my favorite milk teas now, but that may just be because I got better at brewing chai lattes. However, I'm pretty disappointed since I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to wait a long time before the randomizer picks another chai bag.

Other notes:
Well, I guess my math grade is screwed for this quarter since I'm pretty sure my group did terrible on the group test. We didn't even finish, and we actually spent most of the time arguing- the guy next to me kept taking my paper from me while I was in the middle of a problem and spent most of the time doing the bonus instead of the actual problems, and the guy in front of me didn't do the problems we told him to do. The girl in the group did pretty well (we ended up catching each others mistakes), but she got super frustrated by the end.

I'm taking this as a wake up call because I'm almost certain that I'm going to end the quarter with a B (a few tests aren't online and I have exactly a 90% right now). So, my plans for next quarter, aka in 2 weeks, is to get my shit together in math (practice my speed), go to afterschool tutoring with the teacher, petition the tea club to the vice principal, and get a job (my team decided to continue research through next year, but we don't have the funds). Let's see how that goes!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Ginger Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment