Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 53: Matcha Black Soybean Rice Tea

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Blend (Green/herbal; I just realized this for all of the genmaichas I've had so far, so now I gotta go back and fix that)
Brew Time & Temperature: 1 minute 30 seconds, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Grass-like dark green leaves (both long and broken up) with popped rice and black beans; it is all covered in light green matcha
Color: Bright, light green; clear
Smell: From what I can smell, grassy and roasted notes
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
As expected of genmaicha, there's a bit of a roasted taste from the rice, which is mixed with the grassy taste of the green tea. The matcha adds a bit of a tang to the tea, and I can't tell if it's the soybeans or the rice, but there's a bit of nuttiness too. It has a smooth texture for the most part, but it leaves the throat dry after drinking. Somewhat of a brothy taste, it's a decent tea, but is too similar to the other genmaichas I've had so far (the added beans don't really add much).

Short review today, since my sister came home and I've been doing homework/projects.

Other notes:
Nothing much today, but tomorrow is going to be fun (it's not). I couldn't get any of my math or history homework done since I went out to eat with my sister/family and got home late, so all I did was the english project (which I'm actually pretty proud of). Tomorrow though, I gotta catch up with AP Bio stuff (missed it because of my exit exams), finish the project board (didn't even start it yet and we're gonna do it in school), study for an AP bio/English/Japanese test, and finish all of the homework I didn't finish today. So, hopefully that goes decently.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Hapjan Purbat BOP (CTC)

No comments:

Post a Comment