Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 40: La Vie en Rose

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Herbal (Rooibos, Rose hip, Hibiscus)
Brew Time & Temperature: 4 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Dark red/orange/yellow rooibos with bright lavender flower petals and dried rose petals
Color: Dark brown/copper; clear (light oily film on top, however)
Smell: Strong rose and rooibos smell (like medicine) with notes of honey
Recommended with/as: As is, honey
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
If you don't like the taste of roses or rooibos, you will not like this tea at all. The taste is predominantly rose (and is what it smells like), with the medicinal taste of rooibos as an undertone. Personally, though, I really like rose tea since it's one of the first teas that I drank semi-often. Overall, it's very floral and a bit tart, but not complex at all due to the super strong taste of the rose hips that overpowers almost everything else. I want to say more, but this is a pretty basic tea in terms of flavor.

It's good enough (better than plain rose hip tea or green tea with roses), but the rooibos taste kind of kills it for me. The name is very fitting, though, and La Vie en Rose is actually one of my favorite songs by Edith Piaf.

Other notes:
That math test went worse than expected- I finished it early (and I'm pretty confident about most of it), but there were just a few problems, namely inequalities, that I just think I messed up terribly. I really need to get better with those and the number line test, since I can get the answer but don't know what signs I should pick. The rest of the day went better, I guess, but that killed my mood for a while.

Also, I was actually able to get a decent sleep in for once (not in terms of length, but in feeling; waking up felt great)! For some reason though, I can't remember if things happen in dreams or in real life anymore and everything just seems hazy. It used to happen occasionally, but I feel like it's getting more common now, so I'm a little worried (I don't think its really affected anything like school yet, since it only happens with events or things that people tell me, rather than learning).

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Hifumi

No comments:

Post a Comment