Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 55: Assam Calcutta Auction

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up black/dark brown leaves
Color: Dark golden orange (dark, but not as dark as yesterday); clear
Smell: (man, my smelling still isn't that good yet) Sort of earthy and malty; its mostly just a standard assam
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 7/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Alright, so since I ended up taking a nap before this review and woke up at 11:30, I'll rush through the review. For some reason, on this assam, I'm not getting the usual malty, characteristic black tea taste. Rather, I'm getting sort of a tangy taste with some earthiness, but that's it. It's pretty smooth and has little astringency, but it just tastes too light for me to tell anything. It could just be that I just woke up (and I'm super tired), so I can't really taste, the water I used, my sick (just a runny nose now and some coughing) or just the tea. It's better with milk and honey, though. I might come back to this if I can get more.

Other notes:
Oh man, got the science fair tomorrow. The only problem is that one of my groupmates left their logbooks at home (guess who it is- it's the one who's been forgetting to do all of his work), so we might lose points on that. Hopefully we won't, but the judges wanted a book from everyone participating. I haven't practiced my interview/pitch though, but I know my stuff and the sample questions are relatively easy. Wish me luck!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Bravissimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment