Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 67: Cookie

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Black (or very dark brown) CTC leaves, with some rolled black leaves and small chunks of almond
Color: Copper/dark orange-brown; clear
Smell: Very sweet (it does smell a lot like freshly baked cookies), caramel, nutty, and a bit roasted
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 9/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Before I start this review, let me mention that I may be a bit biased- cookie tea is actually one of my favorite teas from Lupicia, and I've picked up a 50g bag from them more than once.

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't have this tea earlier today, but it's okay since it did make for a good work/study drink. It's great on its own, but personally, I'd suggest it with both milk and sweetener (as always, I use honey). It doesn't taste as sweet as the smell, but it's still relatively sweet. You can certainly taste the baked-ness (?) of the tea, which gives it a bit of a rich, toasted taste. There are some creamy, nutty notes, very similar to hazelnuts. There's also a little bit of a bitterness (which isn't noticeable with milk); however, this doesn't detract from the taste. In my opinion, it actually gives it a bit of depth (leading to sort of a bittersweet caramel or burnt sugar taste). Overall, it's smooth and makes for a nice breakfast tea (I'm speaking from experience here).

Other notes:
Oh crap, apparently I can't count because I wrote Day 63 twice. All day numbers are now updated, and hopefully no one saw that. In any case, today I sort of (?) got stuff done. The boards are now almost cut & sanded to how I want them, and I cut the foam board and drew a rough sketch of the map. I just need to buy model trees, a few tanks, houses, and troop/unit markers, and cut out the tracks and put it together. I got rid of the plan to make all the pieces move at the same time with a single rod (I looked at the German battle plan, and they pretty much encircle a small area and that's impossible to do with my design), and instead am going to make it so that you can just move the tanks (still on a track) with your hand. I'll probably take a break now from that project (might still ink the map + mark the locations of things), since I have to find and order all of those pieces I said above. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, though.

Other than that, I finished a dissection write up all on my own (it's been a week and my group has done absolutely nothing for that), and have decided that if they don't work on the document by Monday and finish a minimum of 1 section, I'm going to turn it in with just my name. I feel like I'm finally done with relying/waiting on them to do their part. Also, tomorrow I get to hang out with some of my friends and watch a movie, woo! I guess I'm looking forward to that. That's all for today, folks!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sencha "Ureshino"

No comments:

Post a Comment