Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 92: Neptune

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, black curled leaves with dried, long, yellow petals
Color: Copper/golden brown, clear
Smell: Sweet, vanilla, fruit
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Y'know, despite this having that vanilla smell that I dislike so, this isn't actually that bad. Instead of mostly tasting like the vanilla (which is what I was expecting), the fruit flavor was the most dominant taste. Since it is a mix of many fruits, I can't really describe or name the flavor for sure, but I'd say maybe strawberries. As for the overall taste, it's mostly the fruit flavor, with the vanilla sweetness acting as the main undertone, and eventually ends with a tangy/sour note. Only the vanilla stays in the aftertaste, but it isn't too overbearing; instead, it just leaves a little bit of a sweet taste. I couldn't really notice the tea base (it didn't have any distinctive notes), but I think it may have balanced the tea out a bit. It has little astringency and doesn't make the throat or mouth dry at all, either. Overall, it's a pretty good fruit flavored tea with natural sweetness; I'd suggest it with milk and honey (I didn't try it with that today since I'm too lazy to get that stuff out, but I'm pretty sure it'd be good).

Other notes:
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention. So, I turned in that history project like 1-2 weeks ago, and I went to Japantown. On the day I got back, I saw that people completely destroyed the project (half the flags were broken, the tanks were pulled from their position, etc.), so I was kinda bummed about that. The teacher saw it before that happened, though, so I'm hoping I won't get dinged on having a completely destroyed project, heh. I'm not too upset about it though. Other than remembering that, today I made leche flan, studied for math and AP bio (I feel pretty confident about it, but there's still that feeling that something is going to be super hard or I'm not going to finish), and walked the dog a bit.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Grenada

No comments:

Post a Comment