Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 87: Breakfast Earl Grey

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes 30 seconds, boiling (only a cup today)
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up dark brown leaves (not as small as dust, though)
Color: Very dark brown/crimson red; very dark (but with enough light you can see through)
Smell: Bergamot/citrus, earthy, a bit sweet, creamy/malty
Recommended with/as: As is, milk
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
So, today I just brewed in a mug instead of a whole pot, since I was too lazy to empty out the tea pot filled with milk tea and also it would probably be too much (no appetite). As for the tea, it really is a breakfast tea- super dark and strong. The main taste was the bitter earthiness of the tea, followed by the sharp citrus of the bergamot. It doesn't linger very long after drinking either- once its out of the mouth, you don't taste it at all. Adding a bit of milk and honey did help with the bitterness/strength of the tea, though. Overall, it's a good Earl Grey (like before, I still need to try brands other than Lupicia because apparently Lupicia has a really good Earl Grey) and would make for a really good breakfast tea. I'd drink it daily.

Other notes:
Nothing really today other than school (took that AP bio test, it was okay) and chores. Pretty much I just cleaned up the house a bit for my family since they're coming back tomorrow, walked the dogs, cleaned dishes, things like that. I've been studying for a history test tomorrow, and just so I remember I'm planning to practice writing the inclass essay on To Kill a Mockingbird (I might post it here because this is a writing blog, isn't it?) and also practice math problems so I can get faster at doing statistics problems.

Oh, and also one of my friends gave me a tarot card set as part of a belated birthday present, along with a really nice note and big bag of skittles. In a lapse of judgement, I ate all of the skittles which is the reason why I couldn't really drink more than a cup of tea. It doesn't help that I drank a bottle of the milk tea I made which had a metric crap ton of sugar/honey in it.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment