Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 86: Nilgiri BOP

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very small, dark brown leaves with some reddish or yellow pieces
Color: Dark orange-red; clear
Smell: Average black tea (earthy, a bit malty, etc.)
Recommended with/as: As is, milk
Rating: 7/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, this is a bit of an average black tea. It certainly has the earthiness and strength/briskness of a black tea, but unlike others, it lacks the maltiness or creaminess. Instead, it has a slight citrus taste and bitterness, despite following the recommended brew time. There are also sour/acidic notes combined with fruit. It has a bit of astringency and does make my throat dry, so I'd suggest this with milk and sweetener. Overall, it's an average black tea that would be a good morning tea, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Other notes:
Oh man, Japantown was pretty fun, except now I'm broke (spent $70). I got some mochi and daifuku for my family, ate some katsudon, drank some milk tea, bought the CD of the OP for the second season of Aldnoah.Zero (which was actually a somewhat decent price, considering how much I pay for imported CD/DVDs and the price of Japantown stuff), and also got an Alpacasso for my friend (guess who). Overall, I'm pretty happy and it sure was better than whatever happened in school today.

In other news, I'm home alone for the next three days since my parents are in Reno. It was going well until I was making dinner, and I saw that THEY LEFT ME NO RICE. It's a dilemma since I feel like if I make rice using the cooker I'll make too much + waste it, but if I make it using a pot it's too much work/time (and I might screw that up). I'll see what I'll do tomorrow since I'm going to study for my AP bio test today and also I need to actually eat dinner.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Breakfast Earl Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment