Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 78: Rose Hip Tea

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Herbal & Black Blend
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very small black, curled leaves with orange-red, opaque chunks of rosehip
Color: Light ruby (mostly pink, with a tiny bit of orange); clear
Smell: Floral (roses), citrus, a bit like tomato
Recommended with/as: As is, iced
Rating: 7/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
God, I hated the smell of the dry loose leaf. It's hard to describe, but all I can think is that it was too perfume-y. The brewed version was a bit more tolerable though (it did smell a lot like tomatoes, like other reviewers have said). As for taste, I did notice the tomato that was in the smell; it added a bit of tanginess to the tea, along with a little bit of sweetness. However, that was really it- I couldn't notice any other taste other than the tang (the tea base had a little bit of a roasted/earthy taste but it's very hard to notice). It also had a tiny bit of astringency that made my mouth and throat a little bit dry.Overall, it makes for a pretty colored tea, but not a good tasting one; I'd prefer it if there was actually a rose taste. It is better than tomato soup, however.

Other notes:
Today, I mostly just worked on the writing portion of the history project that's due Friday (10/12 paragraphs written!). So that means I just need to make the wooden frame for the map, edit the paragraphs, add in citations, and make the works cited, and I'll be all done. Also, a girl I like (a different one that I haven't really talked about) and I kinda confirmed today that we like each other, so there's that. I won't go more in depth since she reads this occasionally, but if she is reading today's post, hi.

My birthday is also tomorrow, so I got that going for me too.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment