Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 89: Yume

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Medium-small black tea leaves, with added rose petals, a few twigs
Color: Golden orange, clear
Smell: Floral, sweet, vanilla
Recommended with/as: As is, iced
Rating: 6/10 (oh man first tea that I've rated this, but I think I should go back and change some ratings for other teas)

Tasting notes and thoughts:
After I've had so many teas now, I just can't stand any of Lupicia's teas with vanilla. This tea is no exception, since it mostly just tastes like a mix of random, bland fruits with some dull sweetness from the vanilla. It's a bit tangy, but ends with the taste of the vanilla. The rose is slightly noticeable and goes decently with the fruit, but personally, I think there's just too many flavors that taste too artificial for me to like. I will admit that it's somewhat light which helps with the flavor and would be good iced, but there's much better teas out there.

Other notes:
Well that essay went worse than I expected. We didn't have books so I had to guess the page on one of the quotes, and my analysis was somewhat subpar. I'm probably going to just rely on my AP Bio grade and try to get really good grades in English tests/projects for the rest of the year to keep my GPA. Also, the math test was okay, we finished all of it, but a few of the problems were hard to figure out (and of course, I was the one who had to do it). Of course, the other class/teacher got much easier problems and were able to use their calculators when we couldn't. I guess it's okay since it means that next year will be super easy for me if I can do decently in this class, but ugh some of the problems can be impossible.

Also, for some reason, I actually didn't feel too bad about doing crappy on the essay or test today. Like, I kind of just accepted that I tried and was somewhat content afterwards, which is a first for me. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but all I know is that I need to start getting my shit together in those classes before the year ends (I do have a 97% in AP bio now though).

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: C'est a toi

No comments:

Post a Comment