Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 73: Ceylon Dimbula

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Very dark brown tea dust/fannings; it looks similar to dirt
Color: A sort of mix between copper and chestnut; it's clear (and not that dark)
Smell: Earthy, malty/sweet, with some floral notes
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Well, this was a pretty strong, pleasant tea. There is a strong earth and maltiness which combines well with the strength/bitterness of the tea, along with some acidic (or tannic?) notes. Compared to, say an assam, it's much less creamy and instead has a bit of sour bitterness. It is pretty strong though, so I'd suggest it as a breakfast tea. I couldn't try it with milk since I didn't have any, but I assume that it would be good with some. It was good with honey, which rounded out a lot of the flavor. It's a good tea overall, but personally, I'm a bit so and so because the taste is a bit average, but of higher quality.

Other notes:
School's back, and well, I don't know how to feel about that. I guess it's good since I get to see my friends and everything, but sticking to my plans, like studying, might be hard (today's review is a bit short since I've been working on homework while doing it). Also, the quarter ends in 2 days, and I should have a 4.0 GPA still, but holy crap I have a 90.0% in English. Hopefully I don't screw up!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sencha "Yumegatari"

No comments:

Post a Comment