Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 72: Four Seasons- Mingjian

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Oolong
Brew Time & Temperature: Gaiwan method today, so no accurate times/temperatures
Leaf Appearance: Dark green balled oolong; they're about average sized
Color: Medium yellow-green; it got brighter and more green with each brew (up to 6?)
Smell: Brothy and grassy/hay, with a little bit of sweet milk
Recommended with/as: As is
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
This was a nice oolong to end Spring Break on! It's mainly grassy and creamy, somewhat like a Jin Xuan. However, it's less sweet or milk-like, and is (in my opinion) more subtle. There are some tangy and roasted/rice-like notes, making for a well-rounded taste (the smoothness of the tea helps, too). After drinking, it leaves a sweet taste lingering on the mouth- it's not too overbearing, like Blue People Oolong, but it's nice and light. Overall, it's a good, somewhat complex oolong (but personally, I'd prefer a darker oolong that's less green; I like it though). It also lasted for a lot of brews, which was nice.

Other notes:
Last day of spring break. Pretty much the main thing I did (and will do) today is grocery shopping (gotta get that discount Easter candy), bake a cheesecake (it turned out amazingly for my first cheesecake), go to piano class, and do homework/study. Surprisingly, my partners on projects (one at least) got their part done, so I was pretty happy today. Unrelated, but I noticed that because of this project, I began enjoying oolongs and unflavored teas much more. I can notice more things than I could (probably because I've tried a decent amount of teas now), I'm using less sweetener/milk, and I'm drinking less unflavored tea. I do enjoy a nice cup of cookie or milk tea once in a while, but I think I've mostly drinking unflavored tea outside of this project (well, other than chai and royal milk tea).

Welp, back to the grind!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Ceylon Dimbula

No comments:

Post a Comment