Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 69: Sri Lanka

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 2 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small, broken up dark brown tea leaves (fannings, I believe) with small, curled yellow pieces (I don't know what they are, to be honest)
Color: Dark copper with a light oily film on top; it's mostly clear, but the color/darkness makes it hard to see through
Smell: Very similar to an assam, but not that strong; earthy and a bit malty, mainly
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Gonna be a short review today, since I'm lazy and need to start doing work. Anyway, I think the tea is decent enough as a strong, unflavored breakfast tea (I think I've had better during this project, though). It's very malty and earthy, similar to other black teas. However, it's not as creamy or sweet; there is a little bit of bitterness, along with citrus (lemon-like) that sets it apart from different unflavored blacks. It's very smooth and doesn't leave the throat dry after drinking. It's decent with milk and honey, but for some reason, I actually prefer it straight. Overall, it's a nice unflavored black, but there's better out there.

Other notes:
I did absolutely nothing today other than video games (well, after this post I plan to study for AP Bio + work on that speech and maybe write a bit for history). 3 days left in spring break, so hopefully I do something before that ends! All I want to finish before that ends is most of the history project (drawing that map and writing the paragraphs, mainly), doing English homework and stuff, and studying for AP Bio (got that final at the end of the month!).

That reminds me, here's my study plan for April & AP Bio:
Before break ends: do all of the section practice tests in the study guide, find out what I should really study
7-19: Study 1 section each day, about an hour each day (starting at section 10 and working down)
20-24: Review everything/general for as long as it takes for me to fully master it

Also, day 69 now (heh)

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment