Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 75: Diksam FTGFOP1

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Medium-large black tea leaves, curled/rolled with a small amount of twigs
Color: Dark orange-brown, clear
Smell: My stuffy nose started acting up today (usually happens when I talk a bunch when practicing for speeches), so I couldn't really smell; I did smell that standard assam/black tea smell
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Yet another rush review today, since I have a speech to prep for tomorrow and it's also super late.

Anyway, this is a pretty standard assam (I guess the description was right). It has that malty taste to it, along with a bit of a tanginess from some citrus (or maybe even raisin?) notes. It's a little bit earthy and very smooth with little astringency, but I noticed that it doesn't have that creaminess (or sweetness) that I found in some other assams. Overall it's okay, but I've had better. I still need to get better at black teas, though.

Other notes:
Tomorrow is not going to be fun. Got a speech second period that I feel only sort of ready for (we get notes and everything), so I'm going to be spending tonight just practicing. Since we're the first/second group going, we get more lenient grading, but man this is going to be rough, since I had to pretty much remake the whole visual today because the first one was not very good. Let's see how this goes!

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Darjeeling the First Flush

No comments:

Post a Comment